It’s been quite a year for us here at the Center. There’s so much to share, it’s hard to know where to start. So we decided to put together a list of the top ten most exciting developments of the year, it’s been a great one!
- We welcomed Eileen to the Center!
- We’ve published a book, A Place Called Home, with Oxford University Press on the social impacts of homeownership.
- We announced the upcoming data release from our Community Advantage Panel Survey.
- We released a new report on the use of financial technology to help under-served households.
- We also released papers on first-time homebuying, community reinvestment programs, mortgage credit, and more.
- We continued work on student loan debt, housing and opportunity, financial capability and affordable housing, credit report checks in hiring, and financial coaching. We look forward to releasing reports on these projects in 2018.
- We shared our research with reporters from The Atlantic.
- We launched our new website.
- We have built up our capacity to engage students in the work of the Center, and have welcomed over twenty undergraduate and graduate students onto our team.
- We hosted a convening on integrating financial capability and affordable housing with our partners from Prosperity Now, JPMorgan Chase & Co., and Morgan Stanley! #HousingFinCap
If you’d like to read even more about what we’ve been up to, please check out our News & Media section, starting with the posts below.
From all of us at the Center, we wish you a very happy holiday season and a wonderful new year!