Graduate Research Program
The Center for Community Capital is offering students the opportunity to work with trained researchers and our unique CAPS dataset on master’s projects. Participating students are expected to attend monthly meetings, offer and receive peer support, and to adhere to data security guidelines.
2017-2018 Projects and Researchers
- Safety Net and Financial Delinquency: Catherine Miller
- Student Debt and Assets: Jennifer Rangel
- Economic Disparities and Homeownership: Miles Spann
- Saving for a Downpayment: Taylor Billings
- Social Capital and Residential Mobility: Sadie Nott
- Financial Technology & Inclusion: Ashley Tucker
Eligible applicants are:
- Graduate students with strong academic credentials and a strong interest in the work of the Center for Community Capital;
- Enrolled in coursework in the Department of City and Regional Planning at UNC;
- Students who have completed PLAN 720: Planning Methods or an equivalent course;
- Interested in gaining research experience.
Applications to become a 2018-2019 CCC Graduate Research Program Participant will open in March of 2018 and will close in early April. The cohort will be chosen by late April, and the program will continue through April/May of 2019.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
1. Cover Letter, not to exceed two double-spaced pages. The letter should detail your interest in the Center for Community Capital, your academic interests, and your experience doing statistical research;
2. Resume or CV;
3. Online Application.
Applicants should fill out the online application and send completed applications (cover letters and CVs/resumes) to firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and “Graduate Research Program Application” as the subject line.